The impact of providing audio-visual elements for students can’t be understated, and nothing makes it easier than YouTube! Follow the steps below to embed a YouTube clip on your Moodle site:
- First, find the YouTube clip you want, and on that page, click the button that says “embed” under the viewing window. This will give you a piece of HTML code – a link to the video – that you’ll need to copy.
- Then, in your Moodle course, turn editing on.
- Select “Compose a Web Page” from the ‘Add A Resource’ drop-down menu.
- Name your file. (The name of the actual clip doesn’t matter.)
- In the box below the words “full text,” you’ll see a couple of toolbars for editing / formatting. Click the icon that looks like this on the far right: <>
- This will allow you to paste the HTML code you copied from YouTube into the box. Paste it, then click the <> icon again to return to “normal” view.
- Click “save and return to course” at the bottom, and you’re set – the video is embedded.
Note: this guide is for Moodle 1.9. For later versions, click here.